- Toolkit homepage
- Keep track of your progress
- Step 1: Learn Why Your Emotions Matter
- Step 2: Discover Quick Stress Relief
- Step 3: Beat Stress with Emotional Connection
- Step 4: Learn to Ride the Wild Horse
- Step 5: Practice and Enjoy the Benefits
If you have trouble playing the meditations
The meditations may not play on Firefox. If this happens on your system, please switch to Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari.
If you felt tense or numb…
Many of us numb ourselves and learn to ignore our emotions by squeezing our muscles tight and holding our breath. Consequently, it is only by learning to relax your body and breathe deeply that you will become emotionally aware.
Maintain slow relaxed breathing throughout the meditation:
- Close your eyes and take several slow, deep breaths, releasing your thoughts each time you exhale.
- Exhale as much air as you inhaled.
- For a deeper sensation, try repeating the phrases "soft belly" and "soft chest" as you breathe in and out.
If you had trouble identifying and exploring emotions…
There are two ways to trigger emotional exploration:
- Ask yourself what emotion you're experiencing right now and explore the physical sensations related to that emotion.
- Recall an emotional memory, an event from your past that disturbed or upset you, and direct your focus to the physical sensations that memory triggers.
The second option can be more intense if the emotional memory continues to force its way into your life or trouble you in other ways. Keep the recall process as short as possible—just long enough to return your focus to the physical sensations the memory evokes in your body.
If you would like to listen offline (or in airplane mode)...
Use the links below to download and save the Ride the Wild Horse meditations to your computer.
Internet Explorer: Right click on the desired track below and select the "Save Target As..." menu item
Firefox or Chrome: Right click on the desired track below and select the "Save Link As..." menu item
Safari: Right click on the desired track below and select the "Download Linked File As..." menu item
* For touchscreen devices (e.g. Android tablets or Kindle), use a long press instead of right clicking.
* iPads require a third party app to save mp3 files.
- Beginning Meditation - (6 MB, 16:28 minutes)
- Intermediate Meditation - (8 MB, 18:19 minutes)
- Deeper Meditation - (10 MB, 24:02 minutes)
- Deepest Meditation - (12 MB, 30:40 minutes)