Helpguide's Harvard Collaboration
Helpguide is collaborating with Harvard Health Publications, the consumer health publishing division of Harvard Medical School. The articles listed below have been adapted from Harvard Health Publications and added to the Helpguide site as free educational supplements.
In addition, smaller excerpts from Harvard Health Publications have been inserted into Helpguide articles to enhance these articles.
The collaboration takes place without an exchange of funds. We are excited about this relationship and it’s benefits to our readers.
Articles from Harvard Health Publications
- Understanding Addiction: How Addiction Hijacks the Brain
- Teenage Drinking: Understanding the Dangers and Talking to Your Child
- Women & Alcohol: The Hidden Risks of Drinking
- Almost Alcoholic: You Don't Have to Be Alcoholic to Have a Drinking Problem
- Compulsive Gambling & Anxiety: Relaxation Exercises can Relieve the Gambling Urge
- Autism Behavior Problems: What’s Triggering Your Child’s Outbursts?
Diet, Nutrition & Weight Loss
- Vitamins & Minerals: Are You Getting What You Need?
- Choosing a Weight-Loss Program: Finding the One that Works Best for You
- Are You at Risk for Diabetes? Who Gets Diabetes and How to Manage It
- How Excess Weight Affects Your Health: Understanding the Increased Risk of Health Problems
Grief & Loss
- When a Loved One is Terminally Ill: Talking about Death and Making End-of-Life Decisions
- Saying Goodbye: A Guide to Coping with a Loved One’s Terminal Illness
- Tips to Improve Your Sex Life: How to Enjoy More Fulfilling Sex
- What’s the Best Exercise Plan for Me? Take the “Work” Out of Workouts
Life After 50
- Recognizing Alzheimer’s Disease: Early Warning Signs & Diagnosis
- What’s Causing Your Memory Loss? It’s Not Necessarily Alzheimer’s
- Deciding on Your Wishes for Care: Understanding the Medical Terms Used in Living Wills
- Not Sleeping Well? There May Be a Medical Cause
- Reset Your Brain for Better Sleep: How Your Body Clock Affects Sleep
Stress, Anxiety & Depression
- Benefits of Mindfulness: Practices for Improving Emotional and Physical Well-Being
- Stress Relief Guide: Quick Tips for When You’re Short on Time
- Natural Supplements that Work: Alternative Medicines for Improving Mental Health
Explore Harvard Health Publications
Harvard Health Publications is the media and publishing division of the Harvard Medical School of Harvard University, under the direction of Dr. Anthony Komaroff, Editor in Chief. Our goal is to bring people around the world the most current health information that is authoritative, trustworthy, and accessible, drawing on the expertise of the 10,000+ faculty physicians at Harvard Medical School. Learn More »