Medical Services for Older Adults
In the US:
- To find senior centers or other services for older adults in the U.S., search Eldercare Locator or call toll-free at 1-800-677-1116.
- Medicare.gov offers searchable directories of doctors, providers, hospitals, nursing facilities, and drug plans.
In Other Countries:
- In the UK, to find local support services contact Age UK Advice or call 0800 169 2081.
- In Australia, search the Australian Government Directory of Services for Older People or call the information line at 1800 200 422. (My Aged Care)
- In New Zealand, contact your local Age Concern office.
If you don’t have regular healthcare coverage, there are several options to help to find services in the U.S.:
- Get Affordable Healthcare – Provided by the Health Resources Services Administration, you can find a community health center nearest you, or search for hospitals that offer free or reduced cost services. (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator – A searchable directory of substance abuse/alcohol abuse and/or mental health treatment and support services, as well as advocacy organizations and state agencies. (SAMHSA)
- To find health clinics and hospitals in other parts of the world, search the Worldwide Hospitals Directory.