Eating disorders are about much more than food or weight or the way that you look. By exploring the articles below, you can discover what’s really behind your eating disorder—and the different ways to overcome the problem.
If you have an eating disorder, you may believe that being thin is the key to being happy, or that if you can control what you eat, you’ll be able to control your life. But the truth is that happiness, confidence, and self-empowerment come from accepting yourself for who you truly are—and that’s only possible with recovery.
Overcoming an eating disorder involves rediscovering who you are beyond your eating habits, weight, and body image. It also involves learning to recognize and deal with your emotions in healthy ways, rather than using food—whether by obsessing about it, avoiding it, or overeating—as a substitute.
Types of eating disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa: Signs, Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
- Bulimia Nervosa: Signs, Symptoms, Treatment, and Help
- Binge Eating Disorder: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Help
Eating disorder treatment and self-help
- Eating Disorder Treatment and Recovery: Tips and Strategies for Overcoming Anorexia and Bulimia
- Helping Someone with an Eating Disorder: Advice for Parents, Family Members, and Friends
- Helping a Loved One with Bipolar Disorder: Disorder in Children, Teens, and Family Members
- Emotional Eating: How to Recognize and Stop Emotional Eating
- Emotional Intelligence Toolkit: Program for Managing Overwhelming Stress and Emotions