HelpGuide.org’s mission is to empower people with the information and insight they need to improve their mental health and make healthy changes.
We don't just educate you – we empower you.
We offer you the guidance and encouragement you need to find hope, get motivated, take charge of your mental health, and feel better.
We highlight what you need to know to help yourself.
We focus on what you need to know to understand the challenges you face, make informed decisions, and take positive steps.
As a nonprofit, our mission is to help, not profit off you.
We don’t view mental health as a money-making opportunity or answer to corporate interests. The result: integrity you can trust.
HelpGuide is dedicated to Morgan Leslie Segal, whose tragic suicide might have been prevented if she had access to better information.
- personality disordersTips for recognizing and coping with a narcissist.
- anxietyHow to recognize the signs and symptoms and find relief.
- personality disordersUse this short BPD quiz to help you identify symptoms.
- bipolar disorderDo you think you may be bipolar? Try this quiz.
- ptsd & traumaHow to cope with gun trauma and heal.
- love & friendship8 easy ways to deal with loneliness—most of them you can do right now.
- family caregivingHelp your loved one accept the treatment they need.
- depressionUnderstanding the different types and causes of depression.
- alzheimer’s disease & dementiaWhat to expect as it progresses.
HelpGuide's Collaboration with Harvard Health
Explore exclusive content from Harvard Health Publishing, the consumer health publishing division of Harvard Medical School. Developed specifically for HelpGuide readers.
Explore our Meditations
Helpguide’s guided meditations help you reduce stress and enhance your physical and emotional well-being.
Coronavirus & Mental Health
Articles and meditations to help you manage your fear, stress, and anxiety during this deeply distressing time.
HelpGuide is proud to be recognized as a transparent and trustworthy nonprofit provider of quality health information.
- Aging Issues
- Alzheimer’s Disease & Dementia
- Audio Meditations
- Bipolar Disorder
- Childhood Issues
- Domestic Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Intelligence
- End of Life
- Exercise & Fitness
- Family Caregiving
- Grief & Loss
- Healthy Aging
- Healthy Eating
- Heart Health
- HelpGuide's Collaboration with Harvard
- Illness & Disability
- Learning Disabilities
- Love & Friendship
- Personality Disorders
- PTSD & Trauma
- Senior Housing
- Teen Issues
- Therapy & Medication
- Weight Loss
- Well-being & Happiness
- Work & Career
Help Us Help Others
Millions of readers rely on HelpGuide for free, evidence-based resources to understand and navigate mental health challenges. Please donate today to help us save, support, and change lives.