When it comes to making healthy food choices, what’s right for one person may not always be right for another. Nutrition needs can vary with age, gender and lifestyle. Exploring these articles can help you make the right choices for you and your loved ones.
Healthy eating isn’t about depriving yourself or staying thin. Rather, it’s about developing a well-balanced, satisfying relationship with food that increases energy, stabilizes weight, boosts mood and reduces your risk of illnesses.
In the articles below, you’ll learn about the role different foods play in keeping you mentally sharp, relaxed and energetic. Whatever your age, income, or living situation you’ll find information that can help you make healthy food choices.
Healthy eating across the lifespan
- Healthy Eating: Easy Tips for Planning a Healthy Diet and Sticking to It
- Diet and Nutrition for Women: Eating Right to Look and Feel Your Best
- Nutrition for Children and Teens: Easy Ways to Help Your Kids Eat Healthier
- Eating Well as You Age: Nutrition and Diet Tips for Healthy Eating as You Age
- Choosing Healthy Fats: Good Fats, Bad Fats, and the Power of Omega-3s
- High-Fiber Foods: Benefits, Sources, and Getting More Fiber in Your Diet
- Good Ways to Get Quality Protein: Making Protein Choices To Boost Energy and Improve Your Health
- Calcium and Bone Health: Eating to Protect Your Bones and Prevent Osteoporosis
- The Mediterranean Diet: Myths, Facts, and Health Benefits of a Mediterranean Diet
Cooking and eating smart
- Healthy Fast Food: Tips for Making Healthier Fast Food Choices
- Emotional Eating: How to Recognize and Stop Emotional Eating
- Are Organic Foods Right for You? Understanding the Benefits and Making Smarter Organic Food Choices
- Eating Well on the Cheap: Saving Money on Healthy Food
- Cooking for One: Cooking Quick, Healthy, and Inexpensive Meals for One Person
Vitamins and supplements
- Dietary Supplements: The Smart and Safe Use of Vitamins and Supplements
- Vitamins and Minerals: Are You Getting What You Need?