Teen Issues – articles and other resources
The teenage years can be full of pressure, uncertainty, and change, and it’s normal to worry sometimes. But no one should feel hopeless or worthless all the time. Whatever challenges you’re facing, there is help available.
It’s not easy being a teenager in today’s world. From depression and eating disorders to bullying and cutting, teens grapple with a wide range of issues as they grow and develop.
But here’s the good news: you’re not alone and you can feel better. Read on to learn more about the signs and symptoms of some common teen challenges, what you can do to help yourself, and how to reach out and talk about tough subjects with your friends and family members.
Help for teens
- Teenager's Guide to Depression: Learn Tips and Tools for Helping Yourself or a Friend
- Cutting and Self-Harm: Self-Injury Help, Support, and Treatment
- Dealing with Bullying: Helping Bullied Kids and Teens
- Dealing with Cyberbullying: Tips for Kids and Parents to Prevent and Stop Cyberbullying
- Suicide Help: Dealing with Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings
- Eating Disorder Treatment and Recovery: Tips and Strategies for Overcoming Anorexia and Bulimia
- Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse: Signs, Symptoms, and Help for Drinking Problems
- Drug Abuse and Addiction: Signs, Symptoms, and Help for Drug Problems and Substance Abuse
- Overcoming Loneliness and Shyness: Making Friends Even if You Feel Shy or Socially Awkward
Help for parents of teens
- Help for Parents of Troubled Teens: Dealing with Anger, Violence, Delinquency, and Other Teen Behavior Problems
- Parents’ Guide to Teen Depression: Learn the Signs of Depression in Teens and How You Can Help
- Suicide Prevention: How to Help Someone Who is Suicidal
- Teenage Drinking: Understanding the Dangers and Talking to Your Child
- Helping Someone with an Eating Disorder: Advice for Parents, Family Members, and Friends
Suicide PreventionMORE »
Depression can make you feel helpless, hopeless, or empty and numb; but there’s a lot you can do to change how you feel. With help and support, you can overcome depression and get your life back.
The key to recovery is to start small and take things one day at a time. Feeling better takes time, but you can get there if you make positive choices for yourself each day and draw on the support of others. MORE »