There is no excuse for abuse. No one should be expected to tolerate it. The articles below can help you understand the problem, get the support you need, and take action to help yourself or someone you love.
Abuse can occur to anyone from any walk of life and is experienced by men, women, children, and seniors. It can take the form of physical battery, emotional bullying, sexual abuse or neglect.
Whatever your situation, you deserve to live without pain and fear. Whether you’re the abused, the abuser, or a concerned friend or family member, it’s important to know that there is help available. By learning about the different types of abuse and what you can do to stop or prevent it, you can make a huge difference in your own or someone else’s life.
- Domestic Violence and Abuse: Signs of Abuse and Abusive Relationships
- Help for Abused and Battered Women: Protecting Yourself and Escaping from Domestic Violence
- Help for Abused Men: Escaping Domestic Violence by Women and Domestic Partners
Child abuse and elder abuse
- Child Abuse and Neglect: Recognizing, Preventing, and Reporting Child Abuse
- Elder Abuse and Neglect: Warning Signs, Risk Factors, Prevention, and Reporting Abuse
- Dealing with Bullying: Helping Bullied Kids and Teens
- Dealing with Cyberbullying: Tips for Kids and Parents to Prevent and Stop Cyberbullying