Everyone experiences stress differently and it can affect your mental and physical health in many different ways. But there are healthy ways to find relief.
Stress that you can tolerate helps you to stay focused, energetic, and alert. But when stress becomes overwhelming, it can damage your health, your mood, your productivity, your relationships, and your quality of life.
You can protect yourself by learning how to recognize the signs and symptoms of stress overload and taking steps to reduce its harmful effects.
More articles on stress
- Job Loss and Unemployment Stress: Symptoms, Treatment, and Help for Common Sleep Disorders
- Practice Yoga & Tai Chi: Tips for Overcoming Insomnia and Improving Sleep
- Caregiver Stress and Burnout: Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, and Cures for Sleep Apnea
- 12 Ways to Reduce Stress with Music: What You Need to Know About Prescription and Over-the-Counter Sleep Aids
- Stress Relief Guide: Circadian Rhythms, Sleep Stages, and Sleep Architecture