- Overcome stress
- Manage your moods
- Improve your relationships
- Feel more calm & focused
- Take control of your life
Could this program help you?
Could this program benefit YOU? Take this quiz and find out!
- Do you feel overwhelmed by responsibilities and stressed-out too much of the time?
- Do you feel misunderstood in your relationships? Do you have a hard time connecting with others?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by your responsibilities as a parent? Are you having a hard time connecting emotionally with your infant or child?
- Do you struggle with chronic depression, anxiety, worry, or negativity?
- Are you having trouble getting ahead in your career, despite your job talents? Have you received complaints about the way you interact with customers or co-workers?
- Do your loved ones complain about your mood swings, temper, irrational fears, or your emotional distance?
- Do you find yourself getting annoyed or upset at little things that don’t seem to bother other people? Do you have a hard time rolling with the punches?
- Do you often say or do things you know you shouldn’t, only to regret it later? Do you feel trapped in a negative cycle, repeating the same mistakes over and over again?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this emotional skills program may help you break free and bring your life into balance.
How it works
This 5-step program includes articles, videos, and audio meditations. You’ll learn why emotional intelligence is so important to your emotional and physical health and then you’ll learn two core skills for reducing overwhelming stress. The first skill is quick stress relief. The second skill is emotional awareness—how to recognize, monitor, and safely connect to what you feel without becoming overwhelmed.
The toolkit is designed to be used over a period of time and is broken up into steps. Each step builds on the skills you’ve just learned to help you explore your moods, manage stress, and take control of your emotional health. You won’t have to wait until you’ve finished the entire program to start experiencing the benefits—you should notice improvements after completing each step.
Follow the toolkit step-by-step but feel free to progress at your own pace.
Why we created this 5-step program
Every day at Helpguide, we hear from people who feel overwhelmed by stress, family, work and relationship problems, health challenges, and painful emotions. They’ve read our articles and learned that they can do things to help themselves feel better, but they just can’t seem to follow through, or what they’ve done hasn't helped them enough.
If this sounds familiar, you know that it’s all too easy to become discouraged when you’re stuck. The problem is not willpower—all the willpower in the world won’t matter if you can’t manage stress or balance your emotions.
The good news: you can learn these important emotional skills, no matter your age or the obstacles you face. That’s what this free online program teaches and as you work through the toolkit, you’ll begin replacing old emotional habits with healthier ways of thinking, feeling, behaving, and relating to others.
Skill building, like any learning, takes time and effort. Self-defeating habits get grooved in the brain and it takes practice to create new grooves. Our therapeutic program guides you every step of the way and helps keep you motivated as you change your brain and bring your life back into balance.
Jeanne Segal, Ph.D.
Author of the Toolkit, Helpguide Co-founder & Editorial Director
“Thank you for having this amazing tool here to help people like me. I feel as though I have found something to finally help me refocus all of this hurt and stress and start me on the path to being the loving and caring person I once was.”
~ Reader from California
“The progress I have made dealing with my emotions and some of the difficult challenges in my life has been remarkable.”
~ Reader from North Carolina
“This is one of the most meaningful and helpful resources I've found anywhere. I don't know how to say thank you other than to tell you it has given me hope and a new approach to my thinking.”
~ Reader from New Hampshire
“My anxiety has decreased, and I feel so powerful! All without nasty side effects.”
~ Reader from Idaho
“I've found that I've been able to feel my emotions fully, but retain more control over myself when faced with difficult situations…This is truly a blessing for me.”
~ Reader from Canada