Terms and conditions of use
The contents of the HelpGuide site, including text, graphics, images, and other material are for informational purposes only. Nothing contained in this site is or should be considered or used as a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Never disregard medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider or delay seeking it because of something you have read on the Internet, including on the HelpGuide site. We urge you to seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health condition. In case of emergency, please call your doctor or your country’s emergency services number (911 in the U.S.) immediately.
The information contained on or provided through the HelpGuide site is provided on an “as is” basis, without any warranty, express or implied. Any access to this site is voluntary and at your own risk.
HelpGuide.org is a service provided solely by HelpGuide. There are no investors or partners with a financial interest in the information being provided on the site. We do not accept advertising of any kind, allowing us complete editorial autonomy.
HelpGuide is user supported. We primarily rely on donations. In addition we may earn a commission when you follow links to sponsored providers.
The HelpGuide site contains links to websites owned by third parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not an endorsement of the contents of those other websites by HelpGuide. HelpGuide is not responsible for the content of any linked websites and makes no representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such sites. If you decide to visit any third-party websites using links from this site, you do so at your own risk.
Warranties and limitation of liability
The HelpGuide site is presented for use by the general public without warranty or guarantee. HelpGuide is not liable to any user or anyone else for any decision made or action taken based on reliance upon the information contained on or provided through the site.
We do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements of any kind whatsoever (including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement of third parties’ rights, or any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to the service, or with respect to any information, product, service, merchandise or other material provided on or through the service.
HelpGuide does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, correctness, timeliness, or usefulness of any information, services, or other material provided on or through the site. HelpGuide makes no warranty or guarantee that the website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
In no event shall HelpGuide be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the HelpGuide site or its content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether HelpGuide is advised of the possibility of such damages.
Many HelpGuide articles include a directory of providers. The mission of these directories is to make mental health related services available to all. We reserve the right to make the final determination if a provider should be included, excluded or removed based on our sole and absolute discretion.
If you are a provider, and want to be added to our database, please contact us.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate HelpGuide, a HelpGuide employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm HelpGuide or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by HelpGuide, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
- You may create a hyperlink to the Website, so long as the link does not portray HelpGuide, its employees, or its affiliates in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter.
- HelpGuide may offer various parts of the Service in RSS format so that users can embed individual feeds into a personal website or blog, or view postings through third party software news aggregators. HelpGuide permits you to display, excerpt from, and link to the RSS feeds on your personal website or personal web blog, provided that (a) your use of the RSS feed is for personal, non-commercial purposes only, (b) each title is correctly linked back to the original post on the Service and redirects the user to the post when the user clicks on it, (c) you provide, adjacent to the RSS feed, proper attribution to “HelpGuide” as the source, (d) your use or display does not suggest that HelpGuide promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, (e) you do not redistribute the RSS feed, and (f) your use does not overburden HelpGuide’s systems. HelpGuide reserves all rights in the content of the RSS feeds and may terminate any RSS feed at any time.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the HelpGuide text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- Display on your website, or create a hyperlink on your website to, individual postings on the Service, absent express permission granted by HelpGuide to do so.
- Use any data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose.
Unless expressly permitted by HelpGuide, you must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please contact us through our customer service form: https://www.HelpGuide.org/contact-us.htm.
The HelpGuide name, the HelpGuide logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the HelpGuide or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the HelpGuide. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners and are either used with permission and/or for identification purposes and are not intended to suggest any affiliation.
Reliance On Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the HelpGuide, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the HelpGuide. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Both HelpGuide and this Website are based in and hosted in the United States. HelpGuide makes no representation that materials in this website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access this website from outside the United States, please understand that this website may contain references and/or links to products and services that are not available or are prohibited in your jurisdiction. Any user who is a resident of a foreign country agrees that (i) they have voluntary sought and established contact with the Website, (ii) they will not use, transmit, disseminate or upload any material, content, that would violate any applicable local, state or national laws or regulations of the foreign member’s country of residence; (iii) under no circumstance shall HelpGuide be deemed liable under any laws other than the United States; (iv) his or her participation is governed by United States law and subject to the arbitration and venue provisions stated herein; and (v) consent to having their data processed in the United States.
The HelpGuide may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating related information, products, and services. These other sites have not necessarily been reviewed by the HelpGuide and may be maintained by third parties over which the HelpGuide exercises no control. Accordingly, the HelpGuide expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, materials, accuracy of information, and/or quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third party web sites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or any web site or the products or services provided by any third party.
Changes To The Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Disclaimer Of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER HelpGuide NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH HelpGuide MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER HelpGuide NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH HelpGuide REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
HelpGuide HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitations Of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL HelpGuide, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law And Jurisdiction
Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, the arbitration panel shall consist of one arbitrator chosen in accordance with the rules of the AAA. Any such arbitrator shall be knowledgeable in the subject area in which the dispute arises. All discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days following the appointment of the arbitrator. Each party shall be entitled to representation by counsel, to appear and present written and oral evidence and argument and to cross-examine witnesses presented by the other party, provided that, where appropriate, the arbitrator may receive testimony via telephone, video or other electronic means of communication. The arbitration award shall be in writing and the arbitrator shall provide written reasons for the award. The award of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties hereto and may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce its rights hereunder shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and other reasonable costs, including fees of the arbitrator and the AAA, incurred in the action or proceedings. For purposes hereof, the prevailing party is defined as the party whose last settlement proposal prior to hearing in this matter is closest to the final decision. In no event shall the arbitrator award punitive or exemplary damages.
Limitation On Time To File Claims
Waiver And Severability
Violation Of Terms
Please report any violations of the document by sending an email through our customer service form. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
We welcome your questions and comments. Please contact us through our customer service form.