Life isn't always pleasant or easy, but feeling constantly unhappy, or so unhappy you can't function, is a problem you can overcome. New research reveals actions you can take to reduce or cure depression.
Depression can make you feel sad, mad, or empty and numb, but there's a lot you can do to change how you feel. With the aid of new information, proven self-help strategies, and support, you can beat depression.
The key to recovery is to start small and make daily investments in yourself. Full recovery takes time and can be a two-step forward one step backward process, but you can get there.
More articles on depression
- Depression Treatment: Therapy, Medication, and Lifestyle Changes That Can Help
- Seasonal Affective Disorder: Recognizing and Treating Seasonal Depression and the Winter Blues
- Antidepressant Medication: What You Need to Know to Make an Informed Decision and Feel Better
- Postpartum Depression and the Baby Blues: Tips to Help You Be a Happy Mother and Give You Baby the Best Start in Life
- Parent’s Guide to Teen Depression: Learn the Signs of Depression in Teens and How You Can Help
- Depression in Women: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Self-Help