Autism is a challenge for the entire family. These articles can help you better understand the disorder, identify the symptoms, and overcome the obstacles your child faces.
As a parent, you never want to believe that your precious child may have a problem. But when it comes to autism, catching it early can make a huge difference. The younger your child is at diagnosis, the greater the impact your intervention and treatment can have on the symptoms of autism and other developmental problems.
If you suspect autism in your infant, toddler or older child, investigate the possibility of an autism spectrum disorder and take action by learning all you can about what you can do and seeking help.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: A Parent’s Guide to Symptoms and Diagnosis on the Autism Spectrum
- Autism Symptoms and Early Signs: What to Look for in Babies, Toddlers, and Children
- Helping Children with Autism: Autism Treatment Strategies and Parenting Tips
- Autism Behavior Problems: What’s Triggering Your Child’s Outbursts?
Help for parents
- Emotional Intelligence Toolkit: Program for Managing Overwhelming Stress and Emotions